By M.P. Collinson
Farming structures study (FSR) should be outlined as a diagnostic procedure, offering a set of equipment for researchers to appreciate farm families and their decision-making. Its functions use this realizing to extend potency within the use of human and budgetary assets for agricultural improvement, together with examine, extension and coverage formulation.This booklet offers a close historical past of FSR. whereas it contains the applying of FSR to constructed state agriculture, its major concentration is on FSR in its unique position, with small-scale, resource-poor farmers in much less built international locations. There are a few forty contributions from approximately 50 individuals from 20 international locations, illustrating either the variety and coherence of FSR. The ebook used to be initiated via the then foreign organization for Farming platforms study and Extension (now overseas Farming platforms organization) and constructed with help from FAO. It presents a wealth of knowledge and insights for all fascinated with agricultural improvement.
Read or Download A History of Farming Systems Research (Cabi Publishing) PDF
Similar history_1 books
The liberalization of markets has bring about checklist degrees of overseas investments. Icon crew Ltd. 's fundamental project is to aid foreign managers to raised plan and enforce thoughts in an international economic climate. It does so through delivering quite a few really expert stories, information bases, guides and providers to its consumers.
By no means prior to has a complete background of the pancreas like historical past of the Pancreas been released. It not just is a ancient evaluation of the technological know-how of medication, it really is liberally interspersed with anecdotal vignettes of the researchers who've labored in this organ. a lot of it, similar to the invention of the duct of Wirsüng, of the islets of Langerhans, of insulin, gastrin and their tumors, reads just like the adverture, which it really is.
- Athenian Propertied Families, 600-300 B.C.
- Economic History of Sweden (Routledge Explorations in Economic History, 16)
- Die lateinisch-altrunische Kontakthypothese im Lichte der sprachhistorischen Evidenz Volume 127, Issue 2
- History of the American War (Civil War) [Vol I - 1861-62] - Fletcher
Extra info for A History of Farming Systems Research (Cabi Publishing)
E. C. French, 1974. Un sistema salvadore de multicultivos. Su potencial y sus problemas. In: Conferencia Sobre Sistemas de Producci Agricola Para el Tropico. CATIE, Turrialba, Costa Rica. , 1974. Rural Development Information Requirements. IDRC: Simposio del Personal de Campo de Ciencias de Alimentos y Nutricion. Ottawa, Canada. , 1981. Agroecosystems. CATIE, Turrialba, Costa Rica. Escobar, G. & R. Moreno, 1984. Desarrollo de Tecnologa de Producci Agricola: Enfoque Metodologico y Aplicaci Empirica.
1 Early days For me, FSR-E started with multidisciplinary research as soon as I started my professional career as an agricultural economist. At the Range Management Department of Texas A & M University back in 1959, I worked very closely with plant and other biological scientists. Moving to Colorado State University in 1961, I was part of a joint project with the Agronomy Department, alongside William Schmehl of the Shaner et al. 1982 publication on Farming Systems1. This groundwork was reinforced by my first overseas assignment from FSR: Origins and Perspectives 1964 to 1967 with an engineering firm, working for the West Pakistan Water and Power Development Authority in Lahore.
4. 5. 6. 7. 8. , 1984. Estado actual de la investigacion en sistemas de finca en America Latina y El Caribe. In: Compton, P. & DeWalt, B. (Eds) El sorgo en sistemas de produccion en America Latina. CIMMYTINSTORMIL, Mexico. , 1964. Transforming Traditional Agriculture. Yale Press. , 1984. (Op. ). , K. Swanberg, C. Zulbert & B. Nestel, 1979. Caqueza: Experiencias en desarrollo rural. Centro Internacional de Investigaciones para el Desarrollo, Bogota. Escobar, G. & K. Swanberg, 1972. Metodologia para investigacion del nivel de vida como componente de una estrategia de desarollo.
A History of Farming Systems Research (Cabi Publishing) by M.P. Collinson